Friday, August 5, 2016

Summer Project: Roads?

I usually draw roads into my ground sheet or use sand/flock to represent them. However, this is time consuming and a pain to clean up. In the case of the sheet I have to wash it several times to usually get the pastels off. Consequently, I thought I would try out some roads from Monday Night Productions for the Civil War project. I used the method described on this fantastic blog: http://oncampaign.blogspot.com/. The roads come in a light beige color. I dry brushed the beds in a black color and then added flock. I think the result worked well. Now I just have to find a place to store my new road system.

The top two roads are untouched the last road the bed is painted light black. Finally the completed road:

And a test in context I think looks good. I still have to flock the bases for those trees!!!

No comments: