I got started with the Union figures this week. I painted the figures in my usual block method which was a nice change from the Confederates. However, some of the caps on the Union figures looked a bit off to me in respect to being a small or even slightly miscast. I was somewhat surprised by this because the ACW is a newly sculpted range. I also never experienced this in the few figures from the old ACW range I painted in the past. This made it a bit difficult to paint the figures. That being said the figures in general look good and I think that when they are finally based will do the job nicely.
I added a few photos of the figures. They look a bit shinny in the pictures because I just used the army painter wash on them. I will dull coat them tomorrow and hopefully they will look right. Also some trees and a few of the millions of Austrians I am constantly working on in the background. I figure you can never have enough trees or enough Austrians!!!
Fistful of Lead: The Great Beer Riot of 1888
1 week ago