Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Terrain and some Hungarian-Slovaks











































I have been fooling around with putting together some terrain and decided to experiment this holiday. I used an approach inspired by Mhluther as he has demonstrated on the GHQ forums. If anyone is not familiar with his 6mm games take a look at some of the stuff posted on this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/6mmgaming/sets/ absolutely amazing.
I started with a plain tan bed sheet put down some cloth elevation and then used some pastels to draw in a road network and river. I do not have any felt strips so decided to just throw down terrain flock mostly from my mixed terrain box (this is just the mixed leftover after I flock things). I tried to go for a Russian steep look although I had to much dirt and green terrain mixed in. Overall I think the experiment worked out well. I will have to try and find some good cloth to use as well as a good green color bed sheet. Still a work in progress but I think with practice I may be able to produce some good results.

4 comments:

MarkL said...

Really nice looking table--Looks like you go to more trouble than I do with the flocking.

And its really good to see some Hungarians in 6mm. I was thinking of using WWI Germans from Scotia. The H&R or Navwar (whoever is making them now) seem too small to go with GHQ vehicles.

Glad that I could offer alternative/solutions to the terrain maker hexes.

Mark

MarkL said...

Really nice looking table--Looks like you go to more trouble than I do with the flocking.

And its really good to see some Hungarians in 6mm. I was thinking of using WWI Germans from Scotia. The H&R or Navwar (whoever is making them now) seem too small to go with GHQ vehicles.

Glad that I could offer alternative/solutions to the terrain maker hexes.

Mark

lekw said...

Thanks Mark. Your stuff really got me going again in 6mm Adler. I wish I could get my stuff looking even close to as good as yours.

With the Slovaks and Hungarians I just wanted to do something a little different not Germans/Russians/Americans. I find the Italians and Germans work fine for infantry. My other two WWII forces being painted are Japanese and Chinese using Adler figures. A bit more difficult.

lekw said...

also I really like the fact that your tanks are not based makes them look great on the tables in my case I just drop them all the time and I find that the bases are the only thing keeping them from breaking.