Wednesday, February 16, 2011

6mm Japanese





For some time I have been slowly assembling a small force of 6mm Japanese. I have been using Adler Russian infantry and recently bought some GHQ Japanese vehicles. I want to base this force on Japanese troops fighting in China during the late 30's. At some point I hope to use WWII Germans as Chinese maybe with some Africa Korps for figures in caps. The Russians will be the standard Adler Russians which will have to due even though the helmet is wrong.

4 comments:

SteelonSand said...

Some great looking vehicles and troops there - and some nice buildings, too - are they from Timecast?

lekw said...

yes these are timecast buildings. I think they are the best out there.

SteelonSand said...

Thought so, as you say, definitely top notch, but I think they scale best alongside 1/285th rather than the 1/300th of say. Heroics & Ros - spot on for your GHQ and Adlers, though - hope to see more pics as your forces expand!

lekw said...

Yes the timecast stuff is on the big side. I even think they look okay with 10mm at some distance.

Expanding forces is always my problem as my interest always changes. I will also have some problems doing Chinese and the 6mm Russians do not have the correct helemts for 1939. I think the Japanese look okay but I will end up having to much infantry in helmets. I like the Adler figures so will end up having to just choose the best available options.