Monday, February 16, 2015

Some Adler Prussians and French

I dug out some of my Adler Prussians and French. I have been considering many options for the Napoleonic period but cannot settle on anything. 10mm looks nice but nobody has a range for 1806.
I really like Baccus figures because of ease of painting and basing but was not happy with the figures I ordered a few years ago because most of the bayonets fell off (He has re-sculpted the range so perhaps this is now the answer?). In my opinion the Adler figures are works of art but they are really a pain to base if you want to cut them off the strips which I like to do. The Adler figures are also very fragile. I am constantly reapplying crazy glue to keep the bayonets from falling off. Strangely the Seven Years War Adler figures I have seem to be more durable.

So for the time being I will continue to deliberate. I still have those 10mm 1866 Austrians to finish!!!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

A few more 1866 Austrians

I finally had a chance to photograph some more of my 1866 Austrians. I have about double the amount of Saxons and Prussians done but did not have time to take them out. The figures are all from the fantastic Pendraken 19th Century range. I am thinking of using Trapped like a Fox rules for with these figures. 

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Visit to Russia

Took a vacation to Russia and indulged a bit of my military history interest with a visit to the artillery museum in Saint Petersburg. Most of the pictures are from the museum the leftovers are from a military parade at the Kremlin and miniatures sold at stores all over Moscow.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

More WSS

I have been busy as of late but did get a chance to take a few more photos of the WSS Imperialists. I actually managed to paint a few additional regiments not in the photos so hopefully in a few weeks I can get the full growing force together. The army is roughly based around the Italian campaign. All the figures are Pendraken and the houses are timecast.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Imperialist 10mm

I have started, albeit slowly, putting together miniatures for a 10mm Imperialist War of Spanish Succession army. I like them on big bases which unfortunately does not appear the standard for most of the rules I have been looking at. I think the smallest I can game with in 10mm is 40mm x20mm which I based these on. I like the look of three bases representing a regiment so I based them in this fashion although now I have to find rules. This is my representation of the dutchmister regiment. These are all the fantastic figures from Pendraken. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Thursday, July 3, 2014


Its been a long time but I am back. I honestly did not paint anything in about a year and had no motivation to. However, within the last few months the motivation has returned aided by some visits to the Metropolitan Wargame Club in Brooklyn. A fantastic group of folks that put on great looking games. I have included some pictures of WWII Flames of War Games I observed at the club. I hope to have some new stuff within the next few weeks.

Friday, August 23, 2013

More South Americans

I have hit a bit of painters block recently. I guess this is for a variety of factors including some construction work being done in my usual painting space. I have several other places to paint and organized kind of a portable painting desk in anticipation of the work starting however, for some reason without all my stuff in one place its been hard to get focused. 

Before the construction started I finished some more South Americans. These are meant to be professionals to compliment my militia force. More or less the new trained regiment led by Communist observers. For uniforms I based these on WWII Thais I figure in 10mm I may be able to use them as Thais one day as well. All figures and trees from Pendraken.